|Savva Terentyev Publisher||Activities | Research | Unfinished | Shop|
Foto: Ani Menua
† † †
Last change 26/VII/2023
† † †
Preparation of music editions as a transcriber, editor, engraver or publisher, or them all
• Emperor In The Nightside Eclipse complete album transcription, published in 2015.
• Ulver Kveldssanger complete album transcription, published in 2015.
• Current 93 Soft Black Stars complete album transcription and piano book, published, respectively, as .pdf and on paper in 2017. [shop]
• Tigran Hamasyan Three Piano Pieces — transcriptions of “Etude no. 1” and “Markos and Markos” from 2017 An Ancient Observer album, and “Lilac” from 2015 Mockroot album. Published in 2018.[shop]
• Two Piano Pieces Spontaneously Improvised by Roman Stolyar transcriptions of “Resolutions” and “The Endless Ending” from 2014 The Boston Case album. Published in 2020. [shop]
• Left Alone, a lyric étude for the left hand composed by Nicola Elias Rigato, published in 2020. [shop]
• A transcription of Samsara, a piano piece in two parts composed by Tigran Hamasyan — includes both “Illusion” and “Samsara” which were separated into two tracks on 2011 A Fable album. Also includes an introductory note with a critical view on Tigran Hamasyan’s solo piano composition and performance. [shop]
• »Segen« // Ein kurzes Klavierstück von Benedikt Jahnel — Blessing, a short piano piece by Benedikt Jahnel — released in 2021. [shop]
• Vexations, une lente courte pièce pour piano par Erik Satie — Vexations, a long, long short piece for piano composed by Erik Satie — released in 2021. [shop]
• «Berceuse» // Une pièce-réflexion pour piano par Nikita Sorokine — Lullaby, by Nikita Sorokine — released in 2021. [shop]
• Третий набросок для цикла «Московских» фортепианных пьес Саввы Терентьева — a piano sketch for the Moskovskiye suite composed by Savva Terentyev — released in 2021. [shop]
• Collapse, a short piece for piano composed by Nicola Elias Rigato — a digital release from 2022, to hopefully be printed this year. [shop]
† † †
|↑ up to top ↑|
Click here to subscribe to my patreon with research materials
History of music printing, music typography and design are the vast field of my ongoing research. Recently I started writing a book with a working title Theory of Music Type Design which will hopefully be finished around 2025. Publishers are welcome to approach with the best of offers.
Occasionally I publish articles and videos with insights into music design. Much of such can be read on my Patreon page patreon.com/terentyev where they are available to subscribers. Some things are open to public.
For example, you may read my article about horizontal spacing of music symbols in music typesetting/engraving. It speaks about the ratios given by Elaine Gould in Behind Bars and by Ted Ross in The Art of Music Engraving and Processing, and tries to devise a more logical and probably more correct ratio. Read it at https://www.patreon.com/posts/53749921
Or you may watch a review of two songbooks hand-written by Hermann Zapf, with examples of peculiar music calligraphy — https://youtu.be/A_zPCbuy-ME
Then the unboxing videos with Terentyev Publisher’s piano music editions, compiled of series of photographs.
• Unboxing Samsara by Tigran Hamasyan — https://youtu.be/XVxkfBEW590
|↑ up to top ↑|